City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions on Hak Files to Use

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NWN DM

NWN DM

Suggestions on Hak Files to Use Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Personally, I think the following should be considered "standard" custom content across all PWs:

ACME Full Metal Packet
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=430

BTH Shield Pack v2.0
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=305

ACME Assault & Hattery
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=352

DMCB: Yeoman of the Greenwood
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=312

Zpirit's Shields Pack v1.013
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=215

Hatsplosion! Hat & Helmet Pack
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=125

M4C - Weapons Pack vol.1
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2HakpaksOriginal.Detail&id=10

Any/all of the RWS NWN2 Content
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=3515

Among many others for consideration.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Those are some great looking paks. I'll pick them apart as soon as I get these last two areas built of Rookroost. I'll also look at whittling down the paks we have already in place, as i'm fairly sure most of them aren't important. AND I'll be importing DMFI into the module. ETA is next friday (September 10th), but that's iffy. I'll keep everyone posted.
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:38 am

- I'd suggest additional textures for character faces and hairstyles. Plenty of packs on the vault offering various choices, and its always nice to have diversity and not one big lookalike contest on the server. Very Happy

- It might (note the underline) be worth considering to get in some sort of birthday suit or at least a lingerie cloth option. While the server isn't a 'social' one (you all know the ones I'm talking about) the server content rating is yet listed as mature on NWVault, and there simply are roleplay situations where a suit of full plate just won't cut it. You don't romance the baron's daughter in a garb of blood-splattered hides and you certainly won't take a bath in that mountain stream encased in chainmail and scales wrought from adamant. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:30 am

a few of the packs gave me compatibility issues with the module. it seems that i'll have to do some work with the placeables documents before i can integrate them into the module.

if anyone has any good face/hair pak to add in, let me know.

as for nude/lingerei, i'm not opposed to it, but i'd like to keep the server pg-13 to R and not advocate someone cyb0r on our server. if anyone knows of decent paks that mesh well we can look at adding them in.
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:57 am

Keeping it PG13 is mandatory, lest you'll attract a very special crowd, a few (semi-) nude options won't hurt though.

- Here's some hairstyles for most of the races, primarily human though, but then I'd expect the majority of PCs to be human anyways.

- And here and here are some options for birthday suits. The second one is very nice IMO, since it not only adds nude textures but some very neat cloth options as well. Something different from armours and leather gear. Also, one could only pick the lingerie options from the second pack if full nudes are to much.

- And here's another compilation of various clothes packs, which as well contains Aleanne's clothes options (I.E. neat ones).

Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:11 am

need links, NB!

Ya that whole dm-porting in on a cybor session thing is going to need to be avoided. I've no problem with skimpy clothes n all, but let's avoid full-nudes. If it gets that far and it's absolutely necessary i say they can use their imagination :-P

I'll never forget the time i checked out someone's description on city of Arabel and it was one of those text-based pictures of a couple doing it doggy style. I laughed my butt off, but as a dm I think I'd be more concerned than amused.
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:58 am

Yup, that's why lingerie or 'swimsuit' clothes options would make a lot more sense than full nudes, keeps the cyber-crowd away. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
All Washed Up
Admin
All Washed Up

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I donno... if there are people the cybor crowd will cum... oh i mean come. I recall playing on a nwn server with no nude support and walking in on people "in the act" lulz... I have no idea what people get out of that... even more so when it is two men playing female characters attempting to roleplay lesbian sex.

Will there be full nudes? perhaps, not for players tho... perhaps for the dancers in the brothel. I want a big fat ugly topless ogress taking people's money to get in.
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm

All Washed Up wrote:
I want a big fat ugly topless ogress taking people's money to get in.
cheers
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Suggestions on Hak Files to Use SausageFest-Flyer-08-color
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:51 am

Some more:

-A nice tileset for sewers or dungeons to be found here.

-Something for the religiously minded here.

Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:11 am

On a sidenote ... anyone know if there's ridable horses for NWN2 actually ? I know we had them in NWN1 at last, but what about NWN2 ? Would surely be nice for the knights, divine champions or foot-weary travelers in general.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:35 am

NightBelow wrote:
On a sidenote ... anyone know if there's ridable horses for NWN2 actually ? I know we had them in NWN1 at last, but what about NWN2 ? Would surely be nice for the knights, divine champions or foot-weary travelers in general.

Qrch was working on the ridable horses addition but it's only in beta for now. When he releases it, we'll test it's compatibility with the server and add it in asap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions on Hak Files to Use   Suggestions on Hak Files to Use Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions on Hak Files to Use
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Rookroost :: General Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: