City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Progress

Go down 
+3
Lord_Raven88
NWN DM
Mammon
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Progress   Progress EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:28 am

So in the past few days I've gotten the districts of the city finished (with the exception of east) and I'll be linking them together along with the interiors we've made so far. I've got one quest in the module so far, and by Sunday I'll have the hak files cleaned up and sorted out, as well as the suggestions from NWNDM implemented (i'm excited about that full plate).

My little rope widgit is coming along wonderfully. It's a great distraction from the humdrum of building the exterior area's foundations. It's great fun to go through and plop down placeables and little encounters and the like, but just putting up building props over and over gets incredibly tedious and repetitive, so it's been my side project. I'm happy to say that using a tag-based script and editing some sef files, along with a bit of testing, the rope will be on the vault within a week. We'll have it on the server (mostly as a bounty hunter or kidnapping rp tool) at alpha launch, probably being my most significant scripting contribution until we launch beta. Of course I say that but there's so much more I want to do. i'm fairly certain it's possible for me to make a working gallows that a correctly empowered pc (or dm possessed npc) would be able to use to perform a public execution with relatively little difficulty... but that'll be for later.

I'll be trimming up the races and classes document today. There's just so much in them that I don't think's going to be ready for launch so I'm going to set up something more manageable. We can wait to add other content later, but alpha testing should mostly be to test server ability, get some practice in as dms, and excercise our ability to coordinate in a PW. The plan is to spend Labor Day morning getting the Races.2da for our server done and then getting into the classes.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:39 am

Whew, I need to keep this document more up to date.

Okay, first, all external areas of the city of rookroost are done. Placeables, sounds, effects that I had planned, a few quest items, places for merchants, are all done. Weather effects are being tweaked at the moment.

MySQL is installed... if you have a script that uses MySQL for anything, it will now run on the server. The CSL (community script library) compiled by the folks over at citadel (namely pain) is installed as well. Our scripting capabilities are as extensive as any other server out there, so if you see it, we can run it.

More updates to come tomorrow. I think I'll build the exterior roadway leading out the west gate toward the Felreev
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Rochester Manor is done, looks pretty nice too.

Have a road heading west from the city towards the fellreev and three fellreev areas done. Module's coming along :-).

I'm gonna start on the race 2das and the .tlk file so we can get that part knocked out. rookroost.tlk will be available on the dropbox every day. just grab it and let everyone else know when you're making changes so we don't walk all over each other.

We're up to 20 areas. More to come :-)
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:54 am

Slow day, but I got a little done. I'll get more done tomorrow and the next day now that I'm in a groove. Races and subraces will (hopefully) be completed by sunday.

Report:
Duergar have an ECL of 1.
Duergar have a move speed of 20.
Favored classes removed from all races.
Starting biographies removed from all races.

Dwarves have been updated in the subraces and races 2das, and their entries are in the .tlk file for the server.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:19 pm

The first customized class, barbarians, have been completed and playable in game. We didn't change them too much, just gave them bonus feats to further their customization, but hey, it was a big enough landmark for me to feel like putting it up here :-)
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:01 pm

It took some work, but as of now I got the bard working.

4 down, several to go. I'm dreaming about 2das :-)
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Total working class list thus far:

Barbarian
Bard
Cleric
Fighter
Monk
Ranger

Rogues up next, then wizard, probably will have both done by tonight (there's not really that much work to be done on either). After that, it's moving on to the custom classes, which may or may not see some major overhauls. Whooohooo.

EDIT: wizards are going to be going under a serious overhaul and have thus been moved to the back burner. Rogues will be completed shortly, and then i hope to have Oracles up and running.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:03 pm

WHEW!

Got our first truly custom class started, building it from the ground up. The Oracle.

They're complicated. They're the pathfinder version of the favored soul. My big progress for today comes in two forms:

first, i've got their battle mystery done. This is great because it's the first one, the rest will just be copied from this template and should fill VERY fast. P.s. battle mystery oracles are gonna be mean sons of guns, I ran around with one in the OC and he tore up :-). Awesome times. Probably gonna need some balancing but we'll leave them OP for now.

second, i finally sat down and made a constants include script for the server (scripts rejoice, the rest of you mumble about how you don't know what that means and don't rightly care).

I'm going to be doing some more work tonight but I'm off to play a little Halo Reach with my sister so it'll be a few until I get back to crackin. Need the break after all that work :-).
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm playing around with the Oracle right now. Scouts up next, should be quick and easy to script.

For the record, I'd really appreciate ANYONE's input on the classes. Some are severely underpowered in my opinion, some are overly so. take alook at em and see what you can suggest. alpha in less than a month, i'd like all the classes to be at a relatively even place.
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Would help if you could give an outline of Pathfinder PCs.

Are they more or less powerful than their 'standard' 3.5e counterparts?
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

oh, sorry.

Link to the pathfinder SRD:
Quote :
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

The classes are supposed to be more powerful than the dnd 3.5 versions, but that's because the baddies get worse too.

Anyways, there's the link.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:56 am

whew... spent the night debugging (for the most part) Oracles, AND fixing the spells.2da.

Tomorrow we'll have scouts. Maybe even Swashbucklers. Good times, halfway done with classes :-).
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:56 pm

All the Sorcerer bloodlines are done except for infernal, and I've made a few more areas, including a Guard's house, and i'm getting the sewers and the thieves guild finished off. Three weeks until launch date :-)
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:20 pm

ARGGGGGGG.

Heh, well, sorry guys but I've hit several roadblocks recently and it looks like alpha launch is going to be severely delayed.

First, the motherboard for the server I built for CoR arrived DoA and I'm having trouble getting the manufacturer to replace it. Second, my primary building computer is down and I'm having to work on an inferior machine for a few more days until I get it out of the shop, I still have no idea what's wrong with it but mostly just hope it's not the hard drive. Finally, AWU has taken some time off from the project to deal with RL stuff (I suspect it's his WoW addiction) so I've been trying to pull duty building AND scripting AND editing 2das so it's been slow-going. Yes, this past week has been a rocky one for CoR.

Anyways, I'm going to have to put off launch for a while. I'm hoping I get it all under wraps soon as 2da editing is nearing it's ending and I'll be able to focus on entering content for the world we've built. Stay with me guys, we're workin.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Mammon wrote:
ARGGGGGGG.

Heh, well, sorry guys but I've hit several roadblocks recently and it looks like alpha launch is going to be severely delayed.

First, the motherboard for the server I built for CoR arrived DoA and I'm having trouble getting the manufacturer to replace it. Second, my primary building computer is down and I'm having to work on an inferior machine for a few more days until I get it out of the shop, I still have no idea what's wrong with it but mostly just hope it's not the hard drive. Finally, AWU has taken some time off from the project to deal with RL stuff (I suspect it's his WoW addiction) so I've been trying to pull duty building AND scripting AND editing 2das so it's been slow-going. Yes, this past week has been a rocky one for CoR.

Anyways, I'm going to have to put off launch for a while. I'm hoping I get it all under wraps soon as 2da editing is nearing it's ending and I'll be able to focus on entering content for the world we've built. Stay with me guys, we're workin.
Thanks for the update Mammon
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Yeah, my experience for the past 11 months is that life always hits below the belt and generally plays dirty.

Hope things improve (struggling through a lot myself... can sympathize).
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 am

Yes, thanks for the heads-up ! Very Happy

I've barely been able to browse the forums lately, due to my now 'extended' family, but such is life. Never boring, always keeping you on the move. Very Happy

Yet looking forwards to the day I might be able to spend some quality roleplay time in Greyhawk with you guys.
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:22 am

Hope it gets sorted out soon!
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Well, finally some movement...

I've gotten a couple of people to help out with area creation. I'm still editing deities and domains (quite an expansive list) and sadly it's not going as quickly as I hoped, but at least we've got something happening :-).

Stay tuned folks. Things may pick up pace here pretty quick and I'll keep you all informed.
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:11 pm

So... would it be fair to say this project is dead?

Just curious (too bad IMO). silent
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Would be a shame ... Crying or Very sad

Especially since no one wants to play Greyhawk P&P anymore these days ... damn, we're getting old ...
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:54 am

I hope this comes together at some stage.
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:26 pm

If the original author(s) would be agreeable for someone to take over and run with the flag, I'd be happy to offer my services.

If so, email me at nwndm1@gmail.com and we can figure it out.

I'd need someone able to update the Greyhawk races/deities hak on NWVault. Beyond that, I've got 70ish areas that could be re-purposed into a Greyhawk setting.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:10 am

NWN DM wrote:
If the original author(s) would be agreeable for someone to take over and run with the flag, I'd be happy to offer my services.

If so, email me at nwndm1@gmail.com and we can figure it out.

I'd need someone able to update the Greyhawk races/deities hak on NWVault. Beyond that, I've got 70ish areas that could be re-purposed into a Greyhawk setting.
I'd be willing to help out with the haks.
Back to top Go down
__doug__

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Dead Project?   Progress EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

As a long time Living Greyhawk player this seemed like quite an interesting project. It would be sad to see it die...

Doug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Progress Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Progress
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Rookroost :: General Discussion :: Announcements-
Jump to: