City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Area Requests:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Area Requests: Empty
PostSubject: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Anyone looking for an area to take over can look below. These are areas that I've started but are deeply in need of finishing that I'd like to pass on to other people while I focus on the three remaining exterior areas of the city. Of course, don't limit yourself if these projects don't interest you, almost everything is still needed in the city and you can feel free to pursue them as you wish (just try to let us know so nobody builds on each other's toes).

Rochester Manor - The house of Lord Rochester in the southern district, will likely be a player faction containing both guards and retainers. Anyone who wants to take over building this area feel free, it's a three story manor, plus a basement (possibly multiples?) with possible sewer access. Lord Rochester is chaotic good city administrator who gives lip service to the clergy of Iuz and the current city administrators in order to retain his family's long-held position in Rookroost. He is known to be something of a hedonist but is by and large a kind Lord, even if he must at times hide this considering the company he is forced to keep.

The Dirty Dog Tavern - An adventurer owned tavern in the city, it is a two story establishment with a secret shrine to pelor and other goodly gods built beneath it. The shrine has been completed, but the inn has not. The tavern, while under the city's rule, is a haven for those that would resist Iuz's minions.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:06 am

In addition to those above, a list of areas that need to be done:

Interiors:

Healer's House: complete with a "surgeon's room" where the dead will be allowed to respawn (sans gear and with an xp hit) by an npc sugeon. The room should be exitable only and contain a wardrobe from which the pcs can arm themselves with basic gear equivalent to 1st level starting gear so that they can rebuild their lives.

Rookroost Jail: Self explanatory... 4 above ground levels, as many basements as you want, fairly large structure. Multiple uses as an orphanage, beggers prison, insane asylum, and general hole to be tossed into when you're out of sorts with the Rookroost government. 24 hour occupation so it should have a guards quarters, kitchen, etc.

The Lord Marshal's Palace: The Raven Square's most distinct structure, it's a sprawling palace complete with ballrooms, guest rooms, grand kitchens, lounges, etc. Everything a palace should have. This structure should be fairly expansive, even if it's only going to be used on rare occasions (Grand balls, meetings with the Lord Marshall, etc)

The White Elf Inn: High end tavern/brothel

Guardhouse: A general guardhouse template that can be copied and reused for the various guardhouses throughout the city. The structures are going to be based off the small city watch building (citywatch03 i believe) but reskinned with AWU's rookroost watch house skin, so two story, basement optional, offices as well as a small barracks in each.

Smith's guildhall: Located in the northeast corner of southern rookroost, shape should bascially reflect the outside, note that there are two residences attached to it's private courtyard, could be anything from smithies to offices to storerooms.

Abandoned Mage's Guildhall: The mage's guildhall is basically a burnt out tower infested with vermin and thugs. It only remains standing because the forces of Iuz prefer to leave the reminders of their feelings on arcane spellcasting present for all to see. NWNDM may already have an interior for us to use. Area will essentially be a hostile environment inside the city, likely contain a quest objective or two, but should otherwise function as an inefficient grind zone. (While the server will have random spawns, "Grinding" is not likely to yield results for advancement as quests are)

Drunken Dragon Tavern: A lower-middle class style alehouse near the Funary (northwest) gate.

The Wayfarer's Tavern: A middle class alehouse and inn by the eastern gate.

Ravenshead Inn: An upper class tavern right outside raven square on the Triumphary road, often visited by nobles and dignitaries in the past, now frequented by visiting clergy of Iuz and bureaucrats from other regions of the Bandit Kingdoms.

Palace Guard Inn: The most expensive and exclusive inn/bathhouse in rookroost

Various Shop Interiors: We've all manner of shops that need to be completed. Feel free to take one or two on :-)

Benedict Trading Coaster Offices: The official offices of the coaster, as well as their estate grounds. Suitable for use as a player organization and quest hub. Located in western rookroost, see module for ideas on the exterior appearance and model the interior appropriately if possible.

Jondryva's Peach: A thieve's guild run brothel on the east side of the middle ring, the employees are almost exclusively tiefling (loyal to Iuz). The place is not extraordinarily high or low scale. Have fun with it, it's a whore house.

Exteriors:

The Market: sits on Triumphary (the east road) just outside the main city gate there, but before the outer wall. Everything from poison to slaves, any non-magically item is plainly on display for sale here, and other shady merchants are around plying trades more illicit (assassination, magical items, etc).

Dazark Orc Tribe: A chaotic neutral orc tribe that resists Iuz within the Fellreev. They only number around 2,500 and are nomadic, they travel in bands of 50 to 200, but for server purposes we'll need an area to represent their faction. (Any thoughts on how to make transitions sometimes lead to this area, sometimes not, so that we can represent their nomadic nature?)

Clan Flanlarshan Holdings: In all, there are probably some 6,000 wood elves in the forest, divided into two major groups of clans and families. In all cases, clans are family-dominated, with elves knowing their genealogy for generations back. Precise rules govern which families have primacy within the clan in different roles such who are the military leaders, sculptors, singers, musicians, and herbalists. Every family has at least one social role in which they are accepted as leaders. The wood elves do not have large settlements anywhere, having simple wood-hut hamlets or tree-house complexes holding no more than 200 elves dotted around their lands.

To the northwest, in the land between Lake Aqal and the great wide crook of the Artonsamay, a third of these wood elves live together with no more than 200 voadkyn (forest giants). These elves are almost all of chaotic good alignment and travel little outside their own lands. Their territory has not been infiltrated by anyone else during or since the wars, although they are vigilant against the half-hearted forays from The Breakers in the Land of Iuz. More numerous and important are the elves living in the southern lands between the Artonsamay and Cold Run. They have formed an alliance of sorts with a large body of men escaped from the Bandit Lands. This unique alliance is detailed below. The eastern elves are more aggressive than their western counterparts, with whom they have very few contacts. Also, one clan has assumed preeminence among them, the Fanlareshen, because of their diplomatic skills and their role in a first, early battle against bandit invaders showing both strength and persuasive skill, they managed to make peace and now act as the primary spokesmen for dealing with Skannar Hendricks and his men. The Fanlareshen also have the highest-level wizards of the elven clans, which gives added status.

Fellreeve Forest: The Fellreev Forest is one of the largest woodlands in all the Flanaess with the Vesve being larger and the Adri being of similar size. The Vesve is more important to Iuz, since the hated Highfolk and forces of Furyondy lie therein, waiting to be crushed, but the Fellreev also holds opposition to Iuz and his forces simply cannot hope to occupy this vast area of cover, refuge and security.

The Fellreev is a mixed forest of alder, birch, fit, oak, scrub oak, and some sablewood and pine. Carnivorous plants, especially hangman trees, are not uncommon in the depths of dense forest. The flora of the Fellreev do not provide much sustenance. There are few fruiting trees, wild tubers, or yarpick with their nutritious nuts here. The Fellreev's animal life such as squirrels, rabbits, foxes, bears, small deer, a few timber wolves to the north, wild dogs, otters and water rats along the Artonsamay and Cold Run are likewise only fair hunting at best. The shores of Lake Aqal teem with wildlife, but the huge monsters there are too great a hazard for most hunters to risk hunting there. So, surviving in the Fellreev is not easy, especially for those who have fled into it for refuge and lack woodland foraging skills.

Why is the Fellreev important to Iuz? The forces therein are not numerous and they do not have the strength to mount battles against Iuz's armies. They are, in truth, not much more than a nuisance. However, there are three particular reasons why the Fellreev is important. First, there are repeated rumors that one Hierarch of the Horned Society escaped there. The rumor is quite true, and Iuz knows it, but he is unable to scry the location of the escape e. Second, Lake Aqal is a mysterious, magical location, swarming with huge monsters, and anyone able to discover and use the magical forces responsible for the great size of the monsters might become powerful indeed. Any potential source of 20,000 undead troops is of obvious importance!

Important Sites needed for the Fellreev:

• Darkpool: a subterranean ruin, once a city of the Dazark Orcs. The city was able to support some 5,000 orcs before it was wiped out by a plague.
  • Dora Kaa: a ramshackle woodsman village, its inhabitants have been slain and raised as zombies. An insane wizard named Zemyatin still lives here, waiting for "Iuz's arrival". He busies himself by collecting skulls from any humanoid he can find and slay.
  • Fort Hendricks and Scorn: Two stockaded villages. Each hold 400 bandits, 50 horses, 20-30 guard dogs and 100 to 150 wood elves.
  • Nerull's Bane: A sunken ruin which is unknown to Iuz, or he would burn the entire forest down to find it. It was once a proud Ur-Flan city, but time and neglect has allowed the city to slowly sink into the ground. Flan stories tell of strange powers here, bodies placed within its vaults never decayed or putrefied, they only shriveled and became mummy-like.
  • Sable Watch: A village of 250 men from the rovers of the barrens.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:10 am

Finally finished the Weapons Merchant interior, and now starting on Temple of Iuz. Created a folder in dropbox "LR Stuff", and put the finished mod in there.

I've spent some time learning the basics (and I mena basics) of the toolset, but I'm slowly getting there.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 am

looks good. I'll brush over it and pop it in the toolset in one of our many shop locations, probably in south.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Mammon wrote:
looks good. I'll brush over it and pop it in the toolset in one of our many shop locations, probably in south.
Excellent.

I believe I forgot to 'bake it' and set the walkable areas. So I'll do that and then copy it back into the my folder.

FYI, I shall carry on working on the Temple of Iuz, and aim to get it finished before the launch date. Still got a few things to learn in relation to the toolset, but I'm getting there.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:53 pm

feel free to post any questions here. im still learning but i'll happily pass on what i know, plus nwndm has been doing this for a while so i'm sure he has all kinds of tips n tricks.
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 am

First of all, go find yourself a TARDIS... the toolset is a huge time sink and you'll need to break the laws of time every now and again to stay sane.

All joking aside, areas do not take long to 'bang out' similar to what you may have experienced with NWN. Areas that are good/great/phenomenal on the other hand, can and do take a lot of time to get right.

I guess it depends on your level of OCD... myself, I tend to spend way too much time making sure the textures and the placeables look 'just right' which adds to my own personal enjoyment of the process, but ultimately is probably pyrrhic since nobody notices that level of detail.

My suggestion is to not worry about an area being "perfect". That will come as you walk around it during play, and notice small things that can be tweaked and improved.

With the ADL, it's likely just another 15-20 seconds for the download after an update like this, so not a big deal like we had with downloading complete PWCs when someone added a table and four chairs to a room.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Bottom!

I Had to reinstall NWN2 last night, and lost loads of files that I had been storing in the NWN2 folder Sad including the Temple of Iuz I was working on.

On another note once I finished the temple (which I have mapped out on excel), which will be before the server goes live, I'm keen to try my had at adding some new spells.

I had the idea of adding some ancient scrolls from the Suloise Imperium (from the Book of Vile Darkness), the Baklunish Empire (from the book of exalted darkness), and other ancient realms (from Spell Compendium and other WoTC sourcebooks). I thought it would be cool to require certain feats to cast the spells, and then to put them in random treasure drops (extremely rare), DM quests, and give them to NPC's opponents etc.

Once I've begun the Temple of Iuz, I'll start playing around with these. In time I'm also keen to look at Prestige Classes. The key is to not introduce too many new spells, otherwise they won't be appreciated.

Anyway that's the plan, assuming that's OK with Mammon.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 pm

contributions like new spells and feats are always welcome. sorry to hear about your troubles with the program, hopefully it doesn't set you back too far. i think we're avoiding prestige classes (at least initially) but there's a discussion on it somewhere we can look at again after alpha launch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Area Requests:   Area Requests: Empty

Back to top Go down

Area Requests:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Rookroost :: Builders Section :: Area Crafting-
Jump to: