City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Using LGH Material

Go down 
+2
Mammon
NWN DM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NWN DM

NWN DM

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:02 am

Do you have access to the Living Greyhawk adventures set in and around the Bandit Kingdoms?

It's been a while since I've looked, but there might be some material there that could form the basis for a few adventure hooks for the PW.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:48 am

We've actually got quite a few of the LG modules, both from the BK and beyond.

Plus hours upon hours of gameplay in memory :-).

I think I put a bunch of information in the folder marked Story Resources in the dropbox if you want to take a look at all we have.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Moved to suggestions from the scripts Q&A forum
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:29 am

Only book I have is Living Greyhawk Campaign Sourcebook - PDF too
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:22 am

that sourcebook is a great resource, simmo. it's gonna give you all the info on the world up to the campaign start date :-). valuable resource for builders too!
Back to top Go down
All Washed Up
Admin
All Washed Up

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Here is are the few old school books which I have.

Greyhawk: Adventures, 1988
Iuz the Evil, 1993
Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins, 1998
Greyhawk: Player's Guide, 1998

I have the 3.5 revised White Plume mountain adventure, I cannot find my original version tho.

I have the 3.0 Greyhawk Gazetteer and the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. I know several of the old triad of the bandit kingdoms, so if its something that we really wanted, I could ask if they have any of their material left. I am willing to bet one would have most of them. I will ask the next time I see them. (In a week or two, its not something I want to blast them with in an email.)

I got into the hobby around 1993 or 1994, so I do not have many sources before that time.
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:08 am

At my disposal are:

~ World of Greyhawk (by Gary Gygax, the 1983 boxed set)
~ Greyhawk Adventures (1988 book)
~ Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (2000, only in pdf. format though)
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:37 am

The gazetteer is going to be your best resource, as it's set in the year 590 CY, which is the year the campaign starts. If everyone could find a copy of it that'd be great, but it's not going to be necessary unless you want to get deep into story development (and even then you could just ask questions of someone who does have a copy of it).
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:21 pm

How about putting a pdf on the DropBox site and linking to it. Unless that would somehow be objectionable... in which case maybe just screenshots of the relevant pages?
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 1:30 pm

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9184411/Living%20Greyhawk%20Gazetteer.pdf

Done. I hope you've all dl'd dropbox anyways to look at the wealth of resources on there. you can pm me for the account name/password.

Handy resource :-). also a great way to distribute material to each other. 10 gigs of space.

EDIT: for the record, for some reason the link doesn't work in Chrome, but it fires up in firefox. Likely a dropbox issue.
Back to top Go down
All Washed Up
Admin
All Washed Up

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Iuz the Evil is also fairly up to date, the time between it and the living greyhawk gazetteer is six game years.

My question is, are you guys interested in playing or dming? If you are more interested in DMing I am willing to share some of the plot ideas which are bouncing around in my head. I would perfer not to follow the complete path laid forth by living greyhawk as I did not agree with all of it, the CE personalities worked together to well in my opinion, and there should have been more betrayals from within to gain personal power.

For example, the Lord Marshal of Rookroost and Xavendra, the high priestess of Groucester, formed the "Northern Alliance" and rebelled from Iuz's Empire, while they were still followers of Iuz, they elected to run things themselves rather then wait for orders issued from Dorakaa. Xavendra had long planed to rebel and form her own theocracy with herself acting as Queen, but for two CE personalities to band together as equals rubbed me the wrong way. One of them would have killed the other one, and taken the other's region for him/herself.

The Lord Marshal has harem of Succubi which are loyal to him, what could Xavendra offer him? The answer is nothing, not sex, not more power, not more troops. She brings nothing to his table except for a silver mine which is currently not workable due to a large ogre infestation who believe the site to be of great importance to their god. Xavendra could however gain a great deal from an alliance, but why would the Lord Marshal invest his time and resources to helping someone he would likely think inept? He could kill her and take her region for himself if he felt it would do something for him, but he doesn't. He has a full plate running Rookroost, burning and purging the Fellreev and cleaning up after Cranzer's (Who is technically in charge of the BK) repeated failures.

I also did not like the name of the alliance as it reminded me of the war in Afghanistan, it did not have a negative effect on me, but I want my fantasy games to remain fantasy and not remind me of how effed up the real world may or may not be.
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:08 am

All Washed Up wrote:
My question is, are you guys interested in playing or dming?

I'll probably be more of a player. But would gladly help out with administrative or lore assistance.

I used to DM a lot of P&P games during the last couple years, almost exclusively to the point where I've always been the DM. The number of times I enjoyed as a player during that time can maybe be counted on the fingers of a hand. I enjoy DMing of course, but never did so in NWN2 and would rather play for a while at first. Also given the fact that my spare time is a bit limited between my job, wife and soon-to-be-born child. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:49 pm

I DM and I play and I dev. I prefer to completely lose myself in the game.
Back to top Go down
All Washed Up
Admin
All Washed Up

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:05 pm

NightBelow wrote:
...and soon-to-be-born child. Very Happy

congratulations
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:45 pm

All Washed Up wrote:
NightBelow wrote:
...and soon-to-be-born child. Very Happy

congratulations

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:59 am

Well in RL I was almost always the DM for the groups I was invovled with. I've enjoyed playing NWN online, and I'm looking forward to finding the right server to play on for NWN2. After owning the game for three years, I've finally got a computer that can play it. So I'm interested in playing, but I'm also open to DMing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Using LGH Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using LGH Material   Using LGH Material Empty

Back to top Go down

Using LGH Material
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Rookroost :: General Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: