City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help Scripting...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Help Scripting... Empty
PostSubject: Help Scripting...   Help Scripting... EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:25 pm

So we're getting to the point where we're going to need to implement NWNX4 and MySQL scripts in order to maintain external databases that will track certain information for each character.

Such databases will be used in the future for persistent storage and possibly housing as well, but for the time being they're just going to be used to track faction involvement (reputations and membership), wanted status, character locations, corpse locations, various events on each character, etc.

Anyways, the point is, we're going to need some people who are familiar with NWNX4 to implement this stuff. If any of you are familiar with it, or know someone who is, I'd appreciate a PM so we can figure out how to coordinate.

Thanks,
Mammon.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Help Scripting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Scripting...   Help Scripting... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 6:20 am

Um I'm not exactly familiar with this app. However, I do use SQL in my day job for quering databases, so with a little practice I could probably become familar enough with this version to make it do, what you need it to do. I'll download it and have a play, however, I'm sure there would be quite a few tutorials out their to help me along.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Help Scripting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Scripting...   Help Scripting... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:34 am

there are a lot of tutorials. I'm going to be looking at get/setpersistent data functions hopefully today, but more likely tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Scripting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Scripting...   Help Scripting... Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Scripting...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Rookroost :: General Discussion :: Announcements-
Jump to: