City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Progress

Go down 
+3
Lord_Raven88
NWN DM
Mammon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NWN DM

NWN DM

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:27 am

Well, the person(s) who have the work that's been done so far haven't contacted me... so I'm guessing this is a done deal.

Too bad. pale
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:40 am

NWN DM wrote:
If the original author(s) would be agreeable for someone to take over and run with the flag, I'd be happy to offer my services.

If so, email me at nwndm1@gmail.com and we can figure it out.

I'd need someone able to update the Greyhawk races/deities hak on NWVault. Beyond that, I've got 70ish areas that could be re-purposed into a Greyhawk setting.
I've contacted what I think is the same Mammon about carry on this project. I'll let you know if he gets back in touch with me.
Back to top Go down
All Washed Up
Admin
All Washed Up

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:07 am

Well, I had my candle burning at both ends, I ended up getting addicted to World of Warcrack again, but that did not last.

Mammon and I are talking about getting this rolling again, I am glad to see you guys are still on the forums... sorry I pulled a vanishing act. Embarassed

Will be making some posts with some ideas over the next couple of days.

Also, I know mammon has moved 3 times since I last posted here, so that may explain him missing the pms and such.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm here! Don't see any PMs though...

I've been spending my time on NWN1 on City of Arabel and not really paid much attention to the other stuff while I balanced a relationship and work.

Anyways, let's do this thing.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:12 am

Mammon wrote:
I'm here! Don't see any PMs though...

I've been spending my time on NWN1 on City of Arabel and not really paid much attention to the other stuff while I balanced a relationship and work.

Anyways, let's do this thing.
Hooray glad to have you both back. I've been playing CoA as well, but I'm keen to help out anyway i can.
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Agreed... great to hear. Smile
Back to top Go down
__doug__

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:11 am

Good to hear the project is continuing!

How is the overall status of the project. Do you think you guys will be doing alpha testing by the end of the year?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:32 pm

This project isn't continuing, it appears to be motoring ahead. Good work chaps.

Also when I last checked on NWN Vaults, there was disappointment that there wasn't a PW that is modelled around Pathfinder, and/or the Greyhawk setting. This PW has both, which means there is lots of potential interest in this project.

Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:31 am

The more help we can get doing class scripts or ideas on how to script certain classes after Pathfinder, the more likely it is that we'll be able to do a full implementation of it.

The problem we've encountered with pathfinder classes is that they're built to reward people who go all the way to 20th level, and we don't really want to do that with our server, we're thinking level 12 or 15 max. This is to keep it realisticly deadly for anyone and everyone all the time, but reward those players who stick with the same character over a period of time.

Additionally, there are problems with deleveling on death in nwn2, so we're going to have to find a way to deal with that as well. It may be as simple as equipment loss on death, but it may take something more focused.

AS FOR ALPHA Testing, I would certainly imagine we'll have -some- testing by december, but naturally there are some hurdles we have to clear before we can develop a strong timeline.

We know two things for certain: AWU is making a hell of a bestiary for us to use, and we're setting the server in the Bandit Kingdoms, on the planet Oerth (i.e. greyhawk setting)
Back to top Go down
All Washed Up
Admin
All Washed Up

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm

<Rant>
The short version of it is, making pathfinder classes is more complex and time consuming then it is worth. After a long discussion with mammon, we have decided to only make minor tweaks to the classes, and include kaedrin's class pack. Races however will be as close to pathfinder as we can make them.

I honestly believe we would need a team of experienced programmers to make pathfinder classes a reality nwn2.

That said, we do have the Greyhawk campaign setting going for us. I hope it attracts people to it, peeps today rarely know anything beyond Forgotten Realms or dare I mention Eberron. I do not know about you all, but I have had all the FR I can stand... do not get me started on the abysmal product they call 4th edition.
</Rant>

lol!
Back to top Go down
__doug__

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:20 am

Cool to hear that the project is really moving along! I am a fan of the living greyhawk setting (I wanted to play a couple of BK mods but never got a chance) and I like the idea of tweeking the classes a bit and going toward pathfinder races. It is probably a better idea to put your resources toward developing the server rather than tweeking the rules for pathfinder.

Doug
Back to top Go down
__doug__

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Just wondering how things are going. Doesn't look like anyting has been updated in a while.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress   Progress - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Progress
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
City of Rookroost :: General Discussion :: Announcements-
Jump to: