City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern Empty
PostSubject: Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern   Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:16 am

So the inn called the Dirty Dog is going to be a major hub in the world, so I want it to have a little something special... if someone could reskin a two story in complete with a sign I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

PostSubject: Re: Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern   Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:30 pm

I thought I would give this a go. I have photoshop with the applicable plugin for DDS editing.

After looking through the available textures I am going to try to give the Inn a greyish/darker look. I'm gonna draw up a Dog banner for the Inn also. Once done I'll slap up a screenshot.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern   Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:06 pm

awesome!
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

PostSubject: Re: Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern   Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:56 am

So I have put something together but I have discovered I need 3DS Max to create the required file associations for model and skin.... Anyone know how to do this without 3DS as I don't have it or anyone want me to send them the DDS?
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

PostSubject: Re: Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern   Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:05 pm

well, if you "reskinned" something, you'll take the dds files out of the materials zip in the nwn2 data folder, then you'll take the mdb file out of the models zip, you'll use an mdb cloner to associate that mdb with the two skins (one for the diffuse, one for the tint), and then drop your new mdb into your override to see what it looks like.

if you want you can send me your dds textures and i'll put them on a model for you and check it out.
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

PostSubject: Re: Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern   Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:58 am

Check your PM's.

I installed something that screwed up my toolset so until I fix that I can only export and reskin things lol
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

PostSubject: Re: Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern   Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:20 am

Hey guys, did you end up getting the skin to work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern   Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern Empty

Back to top Go down

Needed Skin: The dirty dog tavern
Page 1 of 1