City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prestige Classes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Prestige Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Prestige Classes?   Prestige Classes? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:10 pm

I know AWU has worked hard to give us 20 base classes to chose from, all of which are very diverse and unique from the original campaign and as close as we can get to Pathfinder builds, but what's the thought from everyone out there on prestige classes?

Save them for Beta?
-Don't offer them in alpha stages, since the new classes are going to provide us with plenty of bugs and balance issues to work on. Add them later so we can control their use more.

Make sure they're setting specific?
-Use meta-orgs as a backdrop for prestige classes, ensuring that PCs will have to roleplay the components we call for in each prestige class. Perhaps the Rookroost Thieves Guild Memeber could be the Assassin, Stalwart Defender the Rookroost City Guard, and so forth. Just something to think about.

Drop them altogether?
-We've got 20 brand new classes for people to check out. Do we really need prestige classes at all?

Just wondering what y'all thought.
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

Prestige Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prestige Classes?   Prestige Classes? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Mammon wrote:
Drop them altogether?
-We've got 20 brand new classes for people to check out. Do we really need prestige classes at all?

Just wondering what y'all thought.
This would be my choice.

You have PrCs, and invariably the focus becomes grinding to qualify for one of them.

I have yet to see a character concept or an occurrence in a PC's life that absolutely requires a PrC to represent in the game. All such instances can be just as well represented with adding a "stock" class as it can with a prestige class.

Besides, with the level cap, PCs won't qualify for most of the prestige classes until they are close to the max limit anyway... kind of makes it a moot point IMO.

That's my opinion anyways.
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

Prestige Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prestige Classes?   Prestige Classes? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:00 am

The level limit and lack of PrC will stop a lot of Power-Building.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Raven88

Lord_Raven88

Prestige Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prestige Classes?   Prestige Classes? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:52 am

Firstly I must say, I've very excited about playing on this PW. I love Greyhawk, and what you've done so far looks great.

I'd say leave them out in the Alpha release, once you've got an established player base, you be able to see whether it's really necessary to have them. The 20 base clases give more than enough options, also in my experience in playing on low level NWN PW's (City of Arabel mainly) I found they aren't really necesary to the character. As it's more about RP, plots, and interaction. How you choose portray/RP your character isn't limited by your character class choices IMO
Back to top Go down
NightBelow

NightBelow

Prestige Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prestige Classes?   Prestige Classes? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:29 am

Here's another thread on prestige classes, a bit more extensive.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Prestige Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prestige Classes?   Prestige Classes? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Welcome to the forums Lord Raven. We're always happy to see more faces, gain more input, and hopefully add more to our team!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prestige Classes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prestige Classes?   Prestige Classes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Prestige Classes?
Page 1 of 1