City of Rookroost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World, City of Rookroost.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quests and scripts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

Quests and scripts Empty
PostSubject: Quests and scripts   Quests and scripts EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:08 am

Hey

I thought I should mention that with quest chains you should have them note in a the NWNX DB that this point in the quest is completed that way only players who have done these can enter certain areas or access certain stores. Things like that.
Back to top Go down
simmostrikes

simmostrikes

Quests and scripts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests and scripts   Quests and scripts EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:11 am

I mention this because the journal sucks =P
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Quests and scripts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests and scripts   Quests and scripts EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:18 am

I hadn't heard anything about the journal :-\.

I've been using "GetJournalEntry" to prohibit pc's from entering quest areas and the like, but up to this point hadn't considered using nwnx4 to keep track of quests that weren't one-time deals. I planned on numerous quests being repeatable, that way people don't have to start out with a group of new characters to advance in levels.

anyways, i'll have to look into this journal buisness. It may be a little while though, I'm currently trying to get the modified bardsongs to work in game, instead of their current persistent auras.
Back to top Go down
NWN DM

NWN DM

Quests and scripts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests and scripts   Quests and scripts EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:04 pm

I never use the Journal myself, but I've heard mixed reviews of it.

Same as with NWN.
Back to top Go down
Mammon
Admin
Mammon

Quests and scripts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests and scripts   Quests and scripts EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Hm. Well I've got a lot on my plate before the next month so I doubt i'll get to it before alpha launch but i'll look at implementing it after. If i can find anything already written up it'll speed up the process quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quests and scripts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests and scripts   Quests and scripts Empty

Back to top Go down

Quests and scripts
Page 1 of 1